Greenways, Newton Ferrers
A beautiful, detached holiday house to let on the edge of Newton Ferrers in South Devon. This unique property has so much to offer – a stunningly presented and spacious interior, a large garden, and a blissful setting against a backdrop of lush Devon countryside. With the desirable waterside villages of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo a leisurely stroll away, Greenways offers an idyllic slice of Devon life.
4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 7
Prices from £1180 for 7 nights
Private offroad parking for up to 4 cars
Features & amenities
Greenways is a sensational and spacious holiday let on the fringes of Newton Ferrers in South Devon. Stunningly presented throughout, this detached property is a dream holiday house for a family or group of friends in a highly desirable Westcountry setting.
Inside, the house delivers a definite wow factor. Chic design features throughout, with stylish off-white walls, cool comfy sofas and high-quality finishes setting a classy tone. A generously sized and beautifully finished kitchen make cooking a pleasure.
The house benefits from having many windows, many of them large, drawing abundant daylight into the interior spaces. Wide, fully opening patio doors are a particular joy, leading from the dining space to the patio on the same level, and creating a lovely indoor-outdoor connection.
Outside, a large and level lawn partially surrounds the house, providing a wonderful place to run, play and relax in the open air. It’s also a lovely spot to sit outside with a drink or for an evening barbecue, with the green Devon countryside providing a pretty backdrop.
What’s included at the property:
- Sitting room with plenty of comfy seating, wood burning stove, television and DVD player.
- Kitchen with range cooker, large American-style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, island and lots of cupboard space.
- Utility room, housing a washing machine and tumble drier, plus space to store outdoor gear.
- Downstairs toilet and wash basin.
- Dining area with large table and chairs.
- Playroom with sofa and window seating.
- Bedroom 1 (on ground floor) has with a top bunkbed with sofa bed below (suitable for children only), a Smart TV, PlayStation and piano.
- Bedroom 2 (on first floor) has a king size double bed and en-suite shower room with shower, toilet and wash basin.
- Bedroom 3 (on first floor) has a double bed.
- Bedroom 4 (on first floor) has a king size double bed.
- Family bathroom has bath, shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
- Central heating and double glazing.
- Parking on the property grounds for up to four vehicles.
- Large, level, lawned garden, patio with table and chairs, and barbecue.
- Private gated drive leading to property.
- Travel cot and child safety stairgate available.
- Dogs are welcome.
- The charging of electric vehicles is not allowed at this property – but EV charging points are available locally.
Greenways is set back from a road on the quiet outskirts of Newton Ferrers, a quintessential village near the sea in South Devon.
Newton Ferrers, along with its neighbouring village of Noss Mayo, is a picturesque destination in the south-western corner of Devon. Newton and Noss slope down to the pretty Yealm estuary. It is an idyllic location for leisurely days on or beside the river. There’s something here for everyone, whether you’re into sailing, paddleboarding, or simply watching the world go by from one of the area’s selection of lovely waterside pubs.
The area is also renowned for its spectacular walks. The Revelstoke Drive is a particular gem – this circular trail takes you through scenic countryside, ancient woodland and along a stretch of the South West Coast Path, overlooking the English Channel.
Within a short drive from Greenways, you’ll discover stunning sandy beaches and glorious countryside. Among the attractions you can explore are the ruggedly beautiful Dartmoor National Park, quaint villages, and the maritime city of Plymouth, where the ancient and the modern sit side-by-side.
If coming from outside the Westcountry, head to Exeter then west along the A38. Take the exit for Smithaleigh/Yealmpton and when you arrive in Yealmpton, turn left into Torr Hill, driving on to Ford Road and along the B3186 for about three miles. Continue onto Parsonage Road. The entrance gate to Greenways is on your left as you enter Newton Ferrers, opposite the entrance to Meadow Close.
There are frequent rail services to Plymouth city centre. From here, there is a bus service to Newton Ferrers but the timings may mean it’s more convenient to take a taxi for the remaining half-hour journey to the holiday let.
Numerous coach services arrive at Plymouth station, located in the centre of the city. From here, a local bus service is available to Newton Ferrers, or you may find it more convenient to take a taxi for the half-hour drive to your holiday house.
Newton Ferrers & Noss Mayo
Less than 1 mile
It’s a short walk to Newton riverside, with Noss Mayo just opposite on the pretty, sloping banks of the estuary. This tranquil corner of the South Hams offers breathtakingly scenic walks, lovely traditional pubs, and opportunities for sailing and paddleboarding.
Nestling in a rocky cove, this sheltered beach boasts soft golden sand, rockpools and shallow waters, making it perfect for a family seaside day out. What’s more, it backs on to classic rolling Devon landscapes and links to coastal paths with sensational views.
Known as ‘Britain’s Ocean City’, Plymouth is a seaside blending seafaring history and modern urban attractions. Discover the National Marine Aquarium, The Box museum, the cobbled streets of the Barbican, diverse shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres and more.
Dartmoor National Park
This ruggedly beautiful wilderness is the perfect place for rambling, mountain biking or horseriding. Climb the granite tors, explore ancient woodlands and enjoy a picnic while you take in the sensational views of this majestic and legendary landscape.