Overcreek House, Noss Mayo
An impressive house in an elevated position on the banks of the Yealm estuary, with spectacular views over the river and valley. This spacious holiday let offers a serene home from home in the alluring surroundings of Noss Mayo. Nearby, discover scenic walks, sandy beaches, and opportunities for sailing and paddleboarding. Or simply enjoy the gentle rhythms of village life in this picturesque spot by the water near the South Devon coast.
3 bedrooms, sleeps up to 6
Prices from £100 per night
Parking for two vehicles at the property
Features & amenities
Overcreek House is a lovely detached family house in a prime location in the Devon village of Noss Mayo. The outstanding feature of this spacious holiday let is its sensational panoramic outlook over the River Yealm, the surrounding countryside and the neighbouring village of Newton Ferrers. A large balcony area, opening out from the living room, makes the most of the house’s elevated position and those wonderful sweeping views.
The property is tastefully decorated, creating a relaxed coastal feel with soft blues and creams, and nautical touches. The house includes a well-presented kitchen and bathroom, comfy sofas and calming bedrooms, providing a serene and welcoming place to unwind. It’s the ideal base for a thoroughly enjoyable getaway to one of South Devon’s prettiest corners.
What’s included at the property:
- Spacious lounge with two large sofas, a 32-inch high-definition TV, and two sets of patio doors with views over the river and providing access to the patio.
- Raised patio area with table and chairs for outdoor eating and relaxing, and beautiful views over the river and surrounding area.
- Kitchen with oven and gas hob, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, kettle, toaster, equipment for cooking and dining, and small breakfast table and chairs.
- Dining area with table and chairs, connected to the kitchen via a serving hatch.
- The master bedroom has a super king bed, bedside cabinets and a chest of drawers – plus an ensuite shower room, with a walk-in shower enclosure, sink and toilet.
- Bedroom 2 is a twin room with bedside cabinets and plenty of drawer and wardrobe space.
- Bedroom 3 is a twin room with a wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Family bathroom, with bath and over-bath shower, toilet, wash basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
- WiFi throughout the property.
- Central heating, iron and ironing board, and clothes drying rack.
- Smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm and fire extinguisher.
- Small garden area.
- Private parking on the property for up to two vehicles.
- Please note that the initial access to the property is a short, steep drive – but then flattens out to a level parking area.
Overcreek House is located in Noss Mayo, an idyllic waterside village on the Yealm estuary in south-west Devon.
Noss Mayo is a serene but bustling village on the edge of the River Yealm, facing its neighbouring village of Newton Ferrers just on the other side of the estuary (and a short walk away). Newton and Noss are a magnet for those who love sailing, kayaking or paddleboarding. The area is also a wonderful setting for walks, through nearby woodland and riverside routes, and out around the South West Coast Path, with spectacular views of the sea and the dramatic coastline.
The Swan Inn, a short stoll away from this holiday let, is a lovely old pub with outdoor waterside seating and a tempting gastro menu, with a choice of other pubs dotted around Newton and Noss too. You’ll also find useful local amenties such as small shops and a Post Office.
This area is also a great starting point for days out to beautiful local beaches, Dartmoor National Park, and the historic maritime city of Plymouth, with its vast choice of shops, theatres, cinemas, museums and restaurants to explore.
From outside the South West, drive towards Exeter then head west along the A38. From here, take the exit for Smithaleigh/Yealmpton and when you arrive in Yealmpton, turn left into Torr Hill and onto Ford Road and along the B3186. Then turn left into Widey Road, and follow signs to Noss Mayo.
There are plenty of train services to Plymouth city centre. From here, there is a bus service to Noss Mayo but it is infrequent – you may find it easier to use one of the many taxi services available for the remaining half-hour journey to your holiday let.
There are numerous coach services serve Plymouth, arriving in the heart of the city centre. From here, an infrequent local bus service is available or it may be more convenient to take a taxi for the half-hour drive to Noss Mayo.
Newton Ferrers & Noss Mayo
It’s a short walk to the heart of Noss village, with Newton Ferrers just opposite on the pretty, sloping banks of the estuary. This tranquil corner of the South Hams offers breathtakingly scenic walks, lovely traditional pubs, and opportunities for sailing and paddleboarding.
Nestling in a rocky cove, this sheltered beach boasts soft golden sand, rockpools and shallow waters, making it perfect for a family seaside day out. What’s more, it backs on to classic rolling Devon landscapes and links to coastal paths with sensational views.
Known as ‘Britain’s Ocean City’, Plymouth is a seaside blending seafaring history and modern urban attractions. Discover the National Marine Aquarium, The Box museum, the cobbled streets of the Barbican, diverse shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres and more.
Dartmoor National Park
This ruggedly beautiful wilderness is the perfect place for rambling, mountain biking or horseriding. Climb the granite tors, explore ancient woodlands and enjoy a picnic while you take in the sensational views of this majestic and legendary landscape.